It was a hit last week, so I will continue to do it once a week. For those of you visiting for Frugal Friday, just skip down one paragraph.
If you find any fun freebies or nearly free items, please email me and I will add them to this list, with a thank you. :)
******************************
Welcome all of you who are visiting from A Soft Place to Land.
I can't wait to follow up and conquer Meal Time mountain together...over the next few weeks.
The amount of money and time to be saved by doing this is unbelievable.
My next three days will be a whirlwind.
I am frantically cleaning, since
our Fox News channel is coming to the house to interview me on Frugal Living.
If they walked in now, they'd surely turn around.
I don't know exactly what their topic is except they want me to share how I save money as a mom. I will touch on couponing, thrifting/yard sale, stockpiling, meal planning, and of course....the most important thrifty gift we can share with our children...learning how to be fiscally responsible in a time of such crazy economic irresponsibility.
That is something I know well.
It will be interesting to see how they edit this into such a small time slot...it's always a bit scary to be at the mercy of someone's copy/pasting.
As my regular followers know, we are then hosting a houseful of teens.
What I didn't mention is that after I get all the meals ready for this group, I am leaving to lead worship for a weekend womens retreat, and am having them at the mercy of my very capable husband (and youth pastor).
I am officially admitting it - for the next few days - there will be no balance of beauty and bedlam...just sheer bedlam.
Once I start worshiping, all will be well with my soul. :)
So make yourself at home, but please come back soon.
For my regulars, if you'd like to take a glimpse of the "beauty" that I did create this past weekend, please hop on over to Kimba's Soft Place to Land.
I am doing a guest post at her site about Managing that Meal Time Mountain...otherwise known as Meal Planning.
I'll feature it here later, but go take a sneak peak.
We'll follow up here with a great Q & A later in the week, as well as specific details/recipes.
**************
So are you ready for some freebies?
(edited to add: I just found out that Huggies reset their coupon...if you have children still in diapers, click on my side bar coupon widget and click "see all coupon." There are two - $5 and $3. That's amazing. You may print two of each coupon.)
1. Go here to get one free SUNDAE from Baskin Robbins through the end of the month (and my girls are excited about this one).
2. Arby's extras (they sent a coupon to my email for a free burger) and/or Free Arby's sandwich coupon with only a drink purchase . I signed up for both of these yesterday to test them, & they even sent me a belated bday shake coupon today.
3. For those of you wanting a fun, update approach to "going green." I just received my first copy of "Ideal Bites", and it's SO fun. I signed up for the "mom bite" and there are great ideas/tips. Highly recommend.
4. Great on-line recipe ideas and data base...just click thru their questions real fast to sign up.
5. I ate my free Quizno's Sub last week, so when I saw this, I thought I would pass it on. Receive a free Sammie sub when you sign up by email.
6. Yipee - Coffee times are hard for everyone, so Seattle's Best/Borders thought they would offer a great incentive. My hubby was excited. This is a great (and frugal) date night. I have mine printed and ready to use - buy one latte or mocho, get one free.
7. You know I love my Pillsbury coupons and deals. There products are part of my "stockpile." If you haven't signed up for their great newsletter...do it. I get tons of ideas, and coupon offers.
7. I just signed up to get vital Juices daily health, beauty and wellness tips since I don't get any magazines anymore.
9. As someone who would be considered legally blind (without my contacts), I have always wanted to try these colored ones, and now I will. You can try both options below.
10. I thought this looked like the neatest Card Creator. I have perused the site. There are lots of options with it.
Ok, remember when I told you about this coupon, well...it's here again. Free box of touch of gray.
You can get a totally free one, but then if you use CVS or Walgreens when they have their "Extra bucks," they'll pay you to have your hubby use it (not that any of your hubby's need it, but....just saying) :)
AND, last but not least...free samples. I just started getting mine, and it's just fun. I love it because I love any kind of mail.
If you missed last week's freebies, here's the link to browse and see if there are other ones that you may have missed.
28 comments:
Holy moly these are a lot of great deals! You never cease to amaze me!
Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of this handy dandy information hun!
Happy day wishes~ Les
You're sure going to be super busy! Wish I was local so I could see your segment on the news! Maybe you can do a youtube post? Enjoy your stardom! And your retreat! *smiles*
I love the freebies and deals you post. Thanks for sharing with us!
How fun...you are being interviewed!!! That is great! I used my Bob Evans coffee coupon you told us about last week...thank you.
sandy toe
You're being interviewed? That's great! Hope you busy weekend goes well - thanks for sharing the freebies!
Jen, I'll be praying for you to have lots of energy for the next few days! I'm so excited for you; an interview with fox, wow! You'll do great!
YAY - more freebies! Thanks Jen! And good luck with the TV interview. You'll be great, I'm sure!
I love your post at Kimba's!
Great job!
How exciting!! Have fun with your interview, I'm sure it will be great. You should record it and put it on the blog so we can see. :)
~Michelle
Fox news!!!?????
You have to tell us when it airs! They sure did pick the right person!
Thanks for the freebies! I am all over the free sundae!
Great post full of great information!
Hope your weekend goes smoothly - sounds crazy busy! Hope you post a link to your Fox interview!
Thanks for all the freeby's and good luck on your fox interview. Hugs, Marty
I just printed off a few Baskin Robbins coupons to take with me when I go to the Guilford Battleground Reenactment this weekend, thanks Jen! I also commented on your Meal Planning Mountain guest post - I never thought of meal planning as cooking ahead...great ideas:)
I'll bet thinking of you as you go through the week.
It's great that you're going to be interviewed. Lots of people just don't have access to information about HOW to be frugal, so it should be great. That is until the editors get ahold of the interview. :)
I love finding deals to.
Thanks for all the links! Loved your post over at Kimba's. Have fun this weekend!!
So, if I may ask, what is the scoop on all the guest posting? Everyone who went to Blissdom is guest posting like mad. Just wondering. Kelly
So, have you picked out your favorite thrifted outfit to wear for Fox? Glad we have a frugal representative that is cute and stylish rather than dowdy. Go girl!
I love to make meals ahead like you did on Kimbas. I used to do it all in a day but now do more batch cooking like you did. It is much easier to spend an hour or two, when you normally would have spent that on one meal, rather than spending 8 hours once a month. I like to do it when I find chicken on sale- cook it all up. When I find hamburger meat on sale- cook it all up. I have been working on filling my two crock pots with dry beans to cook and I fill the oven with twice baked potatoes to freeze. I also like to get a kid on the griddle making pancakes to freeze.
I was so excited to see that you were guest posting over at Soft Place to Land! Can't wait to hear more details about the meal planning!!
Enjoy your weekend! I'm sure your spirit will be "renewed"!
Thanks so much for all of the effort that you put into these posts. I sent off for a couple of freebies today. I enjoy your blog immensely. Having only joined blogdom w/my 1st post last week, I see that it can be time consuming. So my hat is off to you completely for what you do! Sue
When is Fox news going to have you on. I would love to tune in.
Sounds like you are going to be very busy! Thanks for the freebies!
Jen, I was so absolutely amazed with your deal-of-the-century secretary, I told my whole family about it over supper last night. I'm regretting it a little since I have been hunting antiques myself. My hubby's respose to your awesome find: "Now the bar has been set." So if you run into any more antique secretaries for $5 or under, let me know, girlfriend!
And congrats on the interview. I hope you can post a link when it airs!
Thanks for sharing today!! I did pop over to A Soft Place To Land to check out your guest post....great job! I can't wait to see some of the meals that you come up with!
Good luck on your interview...how exciting!!
Lots of great freebies!
You did a great job on your post over at Kimba's place. :D
THanks for the great freebies! Congrats on Fox News!
Thanks for answering my question! :) Have a great, great, great weekend! I wish I was going to be there to worship with y'all. Sounds very nourishing! Kelly
I am so exicited for you! You go girl and I know that if anyone can do it...it's YOU! I will be back to hear all about it~
Post a Comment