Yes, it's my first Homemade Gourmet give away, and I am SO late announcing a winner. It's like being late for the Prom (of which I only went to one of, but we won't get on that topic)...it truly has been one of those weeks.
Our winner is SO sweet, And she is pregnant with two little ones. I know she will be excited to win since she said she is exhausted and sick all the time. Who wants to cook then? Plus, she loves all my crazy creative ideas for meal time, and wants me to share more...so of course, I must oblige.
You don't even need to be a corny home school family to turn ordinary meals into extraordinary ones with a little for thought.
Why don't you have a "Cook around the world" theme night.
Don't just serve tacos next week, but make it Mexican night. Encourage everyone to spontaneously find one unique fact about Mexico, and bring it to the table. I don't mean spend hours researching, but just take one minute to google fun facts about Mexico, and all you computer savvy ladies will have loads of great dinner fodder
(which will probably lead to blog fodder.)
Once you get started, the kids will think it's a blast (and maybe even your hubby if you're an empty nester)..or as my teenage son said, "not a blast mom, but ...ummm...interesting."
Mexican hat dance, anyone?
Here are a few fun facts to get you started:
Did you know that...
Mexico City was built on a lake?
Mexico introduced chocolate to the world?
Mexico is the most populous Spanish speaking country in the world?Mexico City is sinking at a rate of 6 to 8 inches a year because it's built on top of an underground reservoir?
This idea works well with any number of foods that you enjoy serving, and it puts a great twist on just regular spaghetti. :)
Now on to Italy.
So, Sarah Mae from Like a Warm Cup of Coffee.....I can't wait to help you get some meals on your dinner table!
Now, how did that little announcement turn into such a long post....man, I thought I was working on that.

15 comments:
Hello Jen...It is a pleasure to meet you and I'm so glad you stopped by my place. In fact, I've been perusing your different blogs and I have to say, I loved the main interest in every one of them!
I'm a home schooling mom to just two girls, and I often feel that balancing act between beauty and bedlam too...so having five, with your part time business and home schooling and all- I'm so impressed! :)
You can believe I'll be coming by often now!
Blessings,
~Tammy
What a nice giveaway! Congratulations to Sarah Mae!
Maybe Nikki will give you her old blog, lol, if you left the pics of her family on it, it would be like my house...I buy frames and it takes forever to change out the pics that come with them, haha ;)
Bella
What a great giveaway! Congrats Sarah!
I love your Mexican night...that sounds like lots of fun!
-Sandy toes
Mexico is responsible for chocolate?
Who knew?
Jen, thanks for stopping by my blog! I love Homemade gourmet!Great ideas and so easy, too!
I hope you liked my top ten video!
MEXICO???CHOCOLATE??? VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY FOR MY NEW FAVORITE COUNTRY!
And you don't even have to give me an award...I'll still say nice things about you on my blog!
Oh that's so exciting! Congrats, Sarah! I love the fun facts about Mexico...I knew the chocolate one, but had no idea Mexico city was sinking. Who knew?
I can't think of anyone more deserving than Sarah Mae! Woo hoo!
What a nice gieveaway!
that's so fun - and she definitely will need them!!! i love how the Lord always works it out to have it be for just the right person. sad i missed your giveaway, but come over to my place to get in on mine! ;)
YIPEE!!!! :) Thank you soooo... much!!! Woo Hoo! I'm so excited (can you tell?) Oh, and so up for a Mexican hat dance! The fact they are responsible for chocolate is all I need!
We are really into different foods-Mexican, Thai, Chineese, whatever! I love the idea of making a night of it! I will be doing this next Thai night...
I loved your give-away...maybe next time...
I'm soooooo glad that Sarah Mae won! I'm sure this will be a big help to her.
Yay!!!!
Hi Jen, When you said the winner was pregnant, that knocked me out of the running! LOL! Congrats to the winner! Love your luncheon sets below! All are so pretty! ~Rhonda :)
Jen- You have got to check out the great deal I posted on my blog, in case you haven't heard about it yet. I just ordered a bunch of stuff! :)
Being new to the whole blogging thing, I had no idea if I have word verification on here....so I am checking. NOPE, guess not. I have the worst time clicking in those little letters, so I am glad you don't have to on my blog. :)
Post a Comment